- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 3 Silesian is missing
- 4 Completion suggestor
- 5 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 6 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 7 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 8 Server switch 2016
- 9 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 10 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 11 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 12 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 13 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 14 Editing News #2—2016
- 15 Open call for Project Grants
- 16 IMPORTANT: Admin activity review
- 17 Save/Publish
- 18 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 19 RevisionSlider
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![sprowjej zdrzůdło]
- Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Ńydugo mijo termin skłodańo wńoskůw uo stypyndyja na Wikimania 2016 we Esino Lario we Italiji! Posyłejće wńoski do 9 styczńo. Coby złożyć wńosek, wlyź na neczajta:
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
- Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Fůndacyjo Wikimedia (WMF) wkludzo kůnsultacyje coby dopomůc złonaczyć a ustowić podug wertnośći stratygijo WMF uod lipca 2016 na 12 do 24 mjeśůncůw do przodku. Uůne kůnsultacyje bydům uodymkńynte na Meta uod 18 styczńo do 26 lutygo, ńyskorzi Fůndacyjo bydźe tyż użiwać uůne idyje coby lepij zuůnaczyć swůj plan roczny (wjyncyj uo terminorzu idźe znejść na neczajće na Meta).
Twůj wkłod Fůndacyjo mo rodo (i za ńim filuje) we dyskusyji na Meta Stratygijo na rok 2016/kůnsultacyje ze społecznośćům.
Wyboczće co szkryflomy we anglickij godce na projektach we inkszych godkach. Myślimy, co je fest ważne coby mjeć kůnsultacyje potůmaczůne wjela ino idźe, co my już we ńykerych godkach zrobili. Nale dali je z tym mocka roboty! My zuůnaczyli m:2016 Strategy/Translations coby průgować půmůc ze kordynacyjům, co trza by tůmaczyć a wjela już potůmaczůne můmy.
Kejbyśće mjeli jake zapytańa, mogeće je zadować na mojij zajće dyskusyji abo bez e-mail na email@example.com.
Mům nadźeja, co do nos dokuplujeće!
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silesian is missing[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Silesian is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (dyskusyjo) 17:37, 21 sty 2016 (CET)
Completion suggestor[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Apologies for writing in English. Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 21:30, 17 mar 2016 (CET)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 17:47, 31 mar 2016 (CEST)
Server switch 2016[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 23:08, 17 kwi 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 17:35, 21 kwi 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 17:31, 10 czy 2016 (CEST)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki, which you may already seen in the latest issue of Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 16:01, 24 czy 2016 (CEST)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-06:21, 28 czy 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 16:10, 1 lip 2016 (CEST)
Editing News #2—2016[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 19:20, 3 lip 2016 (CEST)
Open call for Project Grants[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język:
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 17:25, 5 lip 2016 (CEST)
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Krzysiu (administrator)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Rschen7754 09:06, 21 lip 2016 (CEST)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[sprowjej zdrzůdło]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:38, 30 siy 2016 (CEST)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 17:08, 12 wrz 2016 (CEST)